Review gene and genome rearrangements.
- How would a misplaced origin of replication look like if two similar genomes are compared in a gene plot?
- Which part of a circular bacterial genome is least conserved?
- How would an inversion inside a protein coding gene look like in dotlet? (If you compare the two proteins? If you compare one protein to the encoding DNA sequence?)
- How would a large inversion look like in a gene plot?
- Check Monday's slides for example on genome rearrangment.
Slides for today on supertrees, supermatrix, decomposition approaches.
Discussion of holobiont evolution -- natuaral selection, Lamarckian, neutral pathways to complexity?